Ahh, ICMP error messages.., sorry, in that case you are right.

Thks
Alejandro,-

-----Original Message-----
From: Priscilla Oppenheimer
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12/26/01 4:49 PM
Subject: RE: ICMP Error [7:30030]

We said ICMP error messages shouldn't be broadcast. ICMP is mostly used
report a problem. Ping is the exception and yes you can send a ping to a

broadcast address. It's not a nice thing to do, but that doesn't stop
people! ;-)

Here's a list of ICMP messages:

ICMP Types and Codes
Type    Code    Meaning

8       0       Echo (ping)
0       0       Echo reply (ping reply)
3       x       Destination unreachable (generic category)
3       0       Network unreachable
3       1       Host unreachable
3       2       Protocol unreachable
3       3       Port unreachable
3       4       Fragmentation was needed and the don't fragment (DF) bit

was set
3       5       Source route failed
3       13      Packet administratively prohibited
4       0       Source quench
11      x       Time exceeded (generic category)
11      0       Time-to-live (TTL) exceeded
11      1       Fragment reassembly time exceeded

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com