Priscilla,

Wouldn't proxy ARP generate an ARP request and an ARP reply if the source
and target networks were directly connected to the router?

-----Original Message-----
From: Priscilla Oppenheimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 3:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Sniffing my broadband connection to my ISP ??? [7:30689]

Having proxy ARP enabled on the router would cause the router to send ARP
replies not requests.

The fact that he sees ARP requests isn't surprising. He's on a shared
network. On a shared network you see all the ARP requests from your local
router to devices on your network.

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com