From: Chuck Larrieu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 9:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CCIE prep [7:30730]

the idea of 24 hour rack rental can be attractive. especially for doing
those full blown practice labs.

OTOH,  smaller increments make sense for a lot of reasons as well. Suppose I
want to spend the last couple of weeks before the test doing certain
specific things - voice, ATM, Cat configuration, for example? A couple of 8
hour sessions ( or less ) might be just the thing.

Also, Brad, at present your racks require how much lead time to schedule?
Last time I looked, it was weeks to months. One other place I looked it was
days to a couple of weeks. I don't know at what point it makes it worth
yours or any competitor's operation to add more racks, and I am not sure
what the tolerance is for long lead times to get access. Supply and demand
meet impatience. :->

I will say that in my experience, it has always been easy to reach someone
in your office to check out various things, or to do voice testing. This is
not always true elsewhere.

JMHO

Chuck

""Brad Ellis""  wrote in message
> GROUPSTUDY MEMBERS:  PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE THIS SITE WITH CCBOOTCAMP.
They
> are NOT affiliated with us in any way.
>
> Michael, couple things:
>
> Your first post to the group (or at least in the past two months) and
> your spamming your site, not good.
>
> Why would anyone want to pay $100 for 16 hours of racktime without ATM
when
> they can get the same type of gear for $80 (rack2) for a full 24 hours
from
> us?  Just curious.
>
> thanks,
> -Brad Ellis
> CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
> Network Learning Inc
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> used Cisco gear:  www.optsys.net
> CCIE Labs, racks, and classes:
> http://www.ccbootcamp.com/quicklinks.html
>
> ""Michael Lea""  wrote in message
> > FYI -- To those out there that are looking for cheap rack rentals.
> > Rack rental are for 8 hour increments so you do no pay for a full 24
> > hours
when