I was wondering if someone would respond that way! ;-) We did this a while
ago before corporate Starbucks decided to roll out their "approved" method.
I think it was over a year ago that we put it in.

We use the Apple Airport. We didn't use any antennae beyond the antenna
inside the Airport. We did this for no fee and actually purchased the
Airport ourselves. They were our prototype for the Ashland Unwired Program.
See http://www.ashlandunwired.com.

The problem is that Starbucks insisted on putting the Airport in the store
room, far from the customers and behind literally hundreds of cans, coffee
urns, etc. And seriously, there is a noticeable degradation in signal
quality when humans are in the way also.

I would imagine that this Starbucks will upgrade to the corporate design at
some point. I guess it will no longer be free then, either. Sigh. ;-)

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com