You are absolutely right, my friend. I bumped into this tech-note from cco
and it says the same..I tried it and found out that this is the only way for
EIGRP to work!! Very strange!! I have BGP running on the router along with
EIGRP and also a default route of 0.0.0.0 pointing to my outbound serial.
Then after redistributing this static under eigrp, all other routers inside
my network can get to outside networks learned via BGP..I wonder why IGRP
understands the ip default route but not EIGRP...Anyone has any ideas on
this??
Thank you for your help. :-)