Wayne,

I thought about the question posed by Cisco Nuts last night.  Why is EIGRP
configured differnently?  The best thing I could come up with was the fact
that EIGRP can be autosummarizing in some parts of the AS, but not
necessarily all (and thus potentially modifying the default network from
something more specific to something less specific).  I guess I was getting
close to the truth but still had some holes to fill.  The idea of the
default-network statement being classful makes perfect sense.  You explained
the whole issue better than any book I have read on the subject.  I can't
remember ever having seen a reference to the EIGRP 'default-information
allow {in | out}' statement anywhere.  I'll play with this in the lab
someday soon.

Many thanks!  And next time I'm out at Edwards, I'll look you up and buy you
the beverage of your choice!

Scott