At 03:20 PM 1/11/02, Joseba Izaga wrote:
>It is true that 10Base-T and 100Base-T unshielded twisted-pair cabling uses
>two pairs, both full duplex and half duplex.
>
>It is true that It's not the cabling that distinguishes half-duplex and
>full-duplex. It's the logical topology, hardware, and configuration.
>
>But, if you want to run 100Base-T and full-duplex depend you must take care
>on the cable4s length and quality. It functions better if you have CAT-5 or
>CAT-5E cable.

That statement applies if you want to run 100Base-T with half duplex also.
In fact, 100Base-TX requires Cat 5 or better. I just checked the standard.

10Base-T, on the other hand, does not say that.

He asked about cabling requirements for half versus full. He didn't ask
about cabling requirements for 10 Mbps versus 100 Mbps.

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com