I have a couple of "nit-picky" complaints about the book (as I do about
almost every book I read).  There are some typo's as a previous poster
indicated.  One of my biggest pet peeves is the use of the term "continuous"
when the author (probably) means "contiguous" - one sees this most often
when discussing OSPF.  Note, this book isn't unique in this mis-use of the
term; there are many CCO documents that also make this "error."  I'm
assuming that this is the product of a spell-checker that didn't know the
term contiguous, suggested continuous and someone hit "replace all."  Before
the flame-war starts, I know that these two words have *similar* meanings
but in this case I - my personal opinion - think that contiguous is 'more
right' - besides, it's the term used in the RFC.

Since I'm picking nits; the author indicates that the OSPF process ID on a
router should be thought of "as an Autonomous System ID.  This number should
be the same on all routers within the autonomous system."  Per CCO, this is
a locally significant setting used only to distinguish between multiple OSPF
routing process on a particular router.  If we were to apply the RFC2119
definition of "should" to this statement one might think that certain
problems may occur if this practice wasn't followed.  I don't believe this
to be the case but I'm sure someone on the list will correct me if I'm
wrong.  There's nothing wrong with using the same process ID on all of your
OSPF routers; I would guess that networks are configured that way more often
than not; but isn't a requirement.  Given that the lab exam is all about
splitting hairs to the most minute detail and knowing the various protocols
in depth, it probably should have been noted (as in other texts) that two
adjacent routers can have different process IDs configured.

There are some outright mistakes in the book - I just checked the CiscoPress
site for an errata and didn't see one yet.  Here one that I recall off the
top of my head:

EIGRP - (p.691) at the bottom of the page, the 'distance' command.
- this is almost a direct copy/paste from the IGRP chapter; does not include
the required information to change the admin distance of the EIGRP routing
process (which requires both an internal and external distance); it only
lists the syntax to change the distance of a specific neighbor's updates.  I
find it funny that the EIGRP chapter says "For a specific example and more
practice with the 'distance' command, see" the IGRP chapter.  When you look
at the IGRP chapter, it uses the same sentence to point you to the RIP
chapter.

Anyone who has walked into an EIGRP network with multiple, unfiltered
redistribution points into a RIP domain will know first-hand the importance
of knowing how a router handles internal vs. external EIGRP routes.

Additionally, I thought the section on PPP authentication could have used
some more work on the one-way authentication options (both PAP and CHAP).

Bottom-line, this seems to be a well written book; it gives you some good
examples and labs to work on your own, etc.  It won't replace any of the
other "must haves" on the bookshelf (e.g. Doyle, Caslow, Thomas, etc.) and
unfortunately, (as it seems with all of the books published these days) you
have to play 'reporter' and verify the information in the book with some
other source (CCO, RFCs, other texts) - this is a topic I could rant on for
quite some time (considering the $thousands - literally - I've spent on
training materials which contain errors).