Well, the sub-interfaces do not need the LMI, it is only used to report the
information about the dlci's to the interface,,,,actually I have turned off
the keepalives in a lab environment and still pass traffic to a frame
switch.keepalives =LMI for Cisco....The other thing is to be sure of the
type of FrameRelay encapsulation....Cisco or RFC1490....Cisco routers
default to Cisco....This is set at the dlci level

Terry Vore