My earlier reply must have went into the bit bucket.  Here goes again...

The hold down timer doesn't prevent the triggered update from poisoning the
bad route.  It prevents the router that just received the poison update from
accepting any new updates that would indicate the route is back up.  I think
the exception is if an update comes in with a better metric than the
originally poisoned route.

Try shutting and no shutting the interface. The route should dissappear
immediately but not show back up for hold down time.  This is a stability
feature.