Priscilla,

Isn't there a difference between poison reverse (which is a variation on
split horizon) and route poisoning?  I thought poison reverse took place
each time a route was learned.  For example, router A advertises network 1
to router B.  Router B immediately poison reverses the route to router A.
Route poisoning only happens in the triggered fashion that you described in
your post.  Or so I thought.

Thanks,

Scott