From: "Sean Knox"
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 3:07 PM
Subject: RE: MAJOR OT: Free CCNPtraining for convicts [7:34039]

> Oh I see, you subscribe to the school that thinks denying ex-convicts the
> basic skill sets to survive and perhaps even thrive in society will
somehow
> benefit all of us. Yes, let's keep the downtrodden even further below the
> higher classes! Only the already fortunate may benefit from white collar
> jobs! Gee I wonder what happens when convicts finish their jail tail and
> re-enter society without any means to support themselves... more crime, ya
> think?

See above.  They already have access to free education in "most cases":
(term stated multiple times on links from this page)
http://www.prisonwall.org/link.htm has a few education links (I found many
more by searching).

> But I guess you think locking people up in cages is tax money well spent,
> right? Some of the elitism on this list is revolting.

If you have anyone robbed/killed/etc & then don't think they should be
locked up before they do it again....let me know.  I've been robbed and if
they ever catch the guy I hope he does his time.  Grand theft and insurance
didn't even pay off the remaining balance :(

I've got 10 payments left on a motorcylce I don't even own.  If that
happened to you and the guy was caught & offered a free cisco cert while you
were forking out several thousand...wouldn't you be a little upset?

> - Sean

CONSTANTLY