It is Cisco to Cisco. 7204 to 2600.

'By changing the update interval from 1 minute to 5 minutes you are
preventing the route and server from flapping and thereby keeping your
connection to the server up.'

This is what the Cisco tech said- AFTER I had already put the command in. I
am not sure why it worked either.  I would have thought with 1 minute SAP
and RIP advertisements it would be better than 5 save for the amount of
traffic it produces.

I understand 'flapping' in the cable modem sense of the word but I hadnt
seen it happen in this environment.  To me, the flapping means that the
cable modem is connecting and disconnecting at random intervals, sometimes
due to incorrect power configurations.  But in this sense I am gathering
that it means the route to the particular server flapped.  If that is the
case then it would explain why users could intermittently connect to the
server. Then the question becomes, why did the flapping occur in the first
place?