Yup, I made the changes on the TokenRing interface itself, not the WAN
interface.  The original config I posted listed just one of the routers that
was connected via a serial interface (all T1 lines).  There are actually 7
serial connections to this and five token rings.  Each interface is its own
separate network.

I think the problem is like this:  The Cisco router is looking for RIP and
SAP updates every one or three minutes by default.  If your server is
configured to send out RIP and SAP updates at any interval greater than what
Cisco is looking for, then Cisco forgets the route to the server.  By
matching the Cisco RIP and SAP update interval to whatever is set on the
server on the network, there should never be an interval greater than what
is allowed to keep the route.

As to whether or not this command should be placed on the WAN interfaces or
the LAN interface, well, it was already set on all the WAN interfaces so it
looks like it has to be set on each interface where a SNA server is
located.  The only interface that did not have the command was one that went
to another network that was all NT, no IPX at all.

James