When I was in high school (vocational) studying to be an electronic repair
technician, I thought I would retire from that job a very wealthy man.  Two
realities caught up with me and the rest of that career field pretty
quickly.  First, the throw away revolution.  Second, a bloated job market
(DeVry was as common as McDonalds for a while there).  I'm glad I didn't
mortgage the farm on a degree in that field.  The Navy was kind enough to
give me a "free" education instead.  I guess if you have a perfect job, you
had better start looking for the next one.