Not me!  I've been thinking about it some more since at one
point I thought it would work, then I thought it had some
problems, but now I'm back to thinking it would work.

One issue with this method is the ever-changing default gateway
but the other issue is that of source addresses and as I see it
this can be solved two ways.

First, you could get a decent-sized block from one of your ISPs
and advertise it using BGP to both providers.  Use NAT to
translate your internal addresses to an address from your
global pool.

Second, you could simply use NAT on both border routers and
translate your internal addresses to the provider addresses.
One downside to this is that you'd probably need to use the
links in an active/backup fashion to avoid accidentally
translating the same internal address twice, each time with an
IP address from a different provider.

This isn't as big of a deal if you go active/backup.  Sure,
there will be some disruption if one link fails but it sure
beats a lot of downtime and having to manually change IP
addressing and gateways.

John

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Brian ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> So all of you that said hsrp with travking, curious how many
of you got
> it
> from the q1 issue of packet?
>
>       Bri