From: Patrick Ramsey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 11:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: TWO ISP AND ONE FAILURE [7:36371]

chances are bgp will not be available....first..he has to have the address
space...second...if he didn't plan for it before hand, he's probably got a
couple'a 2500's or 2600's.... Try running bgp on a 2500..... (unless of
course he uses the same isp for both connections and they work with him on
setting up redundancy)  But at that point he still would not have his own
asn for bgp...

-Patrick

>>> "sam sneed"  02/25/02 10:46AM >>>
You would want to use both HSRP and BGP in this case. HSRP will solve the
problem of changing the default gateway on the clients when a link fails.
BGP will be used for fault tolerance at the ISP side. Here is a sample doc I
got form the cisco site:

http://www.v-man.net/support/pdf/hsrp_bgp.pdf

""Yassel Omar Izquierdo Souchay""  wrote in message
> Hello i have a frecuent porblem with one of my isp, i have two cisco
routers
> and each one to different isp. Frequentily i have to change the gateway of
> one of my servers, because one isp is failure.
> I want to know if with one of BGP, OSPF, RIP, NAT or other protocol i
could
> do the change automatically to the other active isp.
> It happening me right now. And when i have to do that i have to reset one
of
> my servers.. :S. Is a costs operatrion its a mail server.
> So if somebody knows how to resolve between routers with different isp
each
> one, how to route accross the other good gateway.
>
> Thnx in advance
> Yassl
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and
/or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health System,
Inc. ("WellStar") and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom
addressed.  This email may contain information that is held to be
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any unauthorized access, dissemination, distribution or
copying of any information from this email is strictly prohibited, and may
subject you to criminal and/or civil liability. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and then delete this
email and its attachments from your computer. Thank you.