Okay, I'm about to show how clueless I am when it comes to MPLS....

I've been getting calls from multiple providers lately all trying to
suggest that I migrate our 100-site frame relay network to their MPLS
network, suggesting that we'll have any-to-any connectivity and the
ability to prioritize traffic classes within the MPLS network.

Are any of you doing something like this?  I'm going to read up on it
but I'm having trouble visualizing it.  Does this basically turn our
network into a giant multipoint network?  Do our branch routers need to
be aware of MPLS or do providers make this transparent somehow?  How
does this affect routing?

It seems that if we have any-to-any connectivity then the branch
routers don't even need to run a routing protocol; every router would
have one exit point to get to any destination.  But, how would the MPLS
cloud know where to route packets?  The more I think about it it seems
like our branch routers would have to participate in MPLS to provide the
necessary destination info for the MPLS cloud.

See how clueless I am?  Ugh...  Time to do some studying on this.
Since we already do a little video conferencing over IP and are working
on getting VoIP working, it might be beneficial to get away from the
frame relay network.  But since I don't understand this new technology,
I don't know if it's  a viable solution for us or not.

Off to CCO I go!

Thanks,
John