But honestly now, how many enterprises really need their frame-relay
circuits configured for full-mesh?  Almost none.

And in particular, if you really want to talk about offering FR circuits
over MPLS, why mess around with RFC2547 (L3VPN's)? You talk about looking at
and routing customer's layer-3 traffic, so that necessarily involves
L3VPN's.  But wouldn't the idea of offering FR circuits be better served by
a L2VPN?  Granted, you still have the N-squared scaling problem if you want
full-mesh, but like I said, how many enterprises really need full mesh?

This is where I think the hype has outstripped reality.  Yes, MPLS VPN has
its uses.  But I don't think it deserves the hype it's getting - it's not
the greatest thing since sliced bread.  And in particular, I don't
understand the huge push for L3VPN's when it seems like L2VPN's are
significantly more palatable, at least for the foreseeable future.  After
all, right now looks like the biggest uses of MPLS VPN's are to replace ATM
and FR links, but wouldn't the best way to do so be to perfectly emulate
ATM/FR using a L2VPN?  Customers get investment-protection by continuing to
use their existing ATM/FR gear and expertise,  they can still run any L3
protocol just like before, and (probably most important of all) providers
don't have to risk scalability problems in dealing with customers' route
tables.