John,

What kind of circuits do you have today.  The cool thing about MPLS is that
lets say your have a lot of Frame-Relay circuits.  As a service provider, I
could take those FR circuits in and give you a full-mesh.  How, by using
MPLS VPNs.  So what I do now is pay attention to your ip routing, because I
can see your layer 3 traffic and route it appropriatly.  Today most FR
providers use service internetworking.  I take your FR connection and
convert it into ATM.  MPLS take a label and maps it to the VPI/VCI in the
ATM header.

Cell mode MPLS uses downstream on Demand to do label assignment, kind of
like doing SVCs.  So it is rather easy to build a full mesh!

And I have seen a few SPs selling a lot cheaper than an all FR network.

AT&T has something called IPFR, check it out.

Other types of links, let me know!

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Dan