You are correct to say that at this time, the demand for C/S guys is very
low (essentially non-existent), for 3 main reasons, I believe.  #1, the
service-provider job market right now is total crap.  #2 - to compound that
problem the technologies that exam is based on are truly bleeding edge even
for the service-provider such that there isn't exactly a groundswell demand
for those particular skills.  So we're talking about a particularly bad
segment of a particularly bad job market.  And of course #3 - Cisco hasn't
exactly done the best job in marketing the C/S.  Seriously I can find very
few people who know what it is, even people working in the service-provider
space.

""Cisco Nuts""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED].;
> Even 6 is a very, very low number compared to R/S? I have always wondered
> what kind of individuals got this cert? I mean, obviously it is not
possible
> to do it on your own(financially...probably need to have an
> optical/dsl/cbl/voice etc. equipment at home). Also, what would it's worth
> be in the real world? I mean how many people out there actually work in a
> optical/voice/dsl/cable environment in the same company?
> Just my $0.2....
>

> >From: "Michael Cohen"
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: RE: MPLS in CCIE [7:36682]
> >Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:11:48 -0500
> >
> >Where did you get you're information regarding only one person passing
the
> >C/S CCIE?  I registered for the lab back in December and was told there
> >were
> >already 6 people who had passed...

I'd
> >never get a CCIE number that way.  I may go for that cert once I get my
R/S