Uh, Are you sure?  Take a look at the C/S lab requirements.  Not the written
requirements, but the lab requirements.  Notice how the lab has practically
nothing to do with the written(s).

Part of the great confusion over the C/S program is the fact that it has 8
possible writtens (each one concentrating on one particular provider
technology - like you mentioned: optical, dial, DSL, etc.).  But then the
lab has nothing to do with any of those technologies, and concentrates on
those niche provider applications that I mentioned before.   No matter
whether you passed the written for optical, or the written for dial, or
whatever, you still end up taking the same C/S lab as everybody else, which
by the way has nothing to do with optical, or dial, or whatever you did.
This stands as a far cry from, say, R/S or the Security CCIE program, where
the written actually is tied fairly closely to the lab.   Again, this
further adds to the confusion and muddling of the program.

By becoming a fully-fledged C/S CCIE, you have not demonstrated hands-on
competence in the ONS series, or the Stratacom stuff, or the Cisco DSL
stuff, or whatever.   You have demonstrated only book knowledge.  Like I
said, if you don't believe this, take a look at the lab requirements
carefully.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED].;