Gaz,

You sent out an email re: virus being sent by [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I am
the wife of Abdi.  Let me explain to you and others concerned.  My husband
and I ordered DSL with verizon about 12 days ago.  We did not have a
firewall or virus software installed.  After about 3 days of servi our
computer began to lock up and finally we had no service at all.  I had been
troubleshooting with verizon tech support for about 5 days before they could
tell me that there was a virus on my computer.  I immediately went out and
purchased the McAfee firewall and virus protection software.  The virus
appears to have been removed.  I still do not have DSL service.  I am using
a dial-up connection.  The name of the virus was the SirCam virus.  I found
out that the email was being propagated outside of my computer through your
email to the cisco study group in which I am a member.  I apologize for any
inconvenience, but we had no idea what has been going on.  Verizon tech
support had me contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] by email to try and resolve this
problem.  They are not accessible by phone and their response to me by email
has been that they have received my email and due to so many cases it may
take a few days to follow up with an investigation.  It has been 4 days.
Does anyone have any suggestions on who I can contact at verizon and their
phone number?