Hi Edna,

Good to hear you're all cleaned up again. There seems to be a different
contact number for every state. You can probably pick yours from the page
below (although I don't think this is for security):

http://www.verizon.net/contact/

Thanks for the update, although I knew which virus it was, I think I
received it about 18 times in all :-)

Do me a favour though - don't put me in your address book :-)

Good luck,

Gaz

""edna helem""  wrote in message
> Gaz,
>
> You sent out an email re: virus being sent by [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I
am
> the wife of Abdi.  Let me explain to you and others concerned.  My husband
> and I ordered DSL with verizon about 12 days ago.  We did not have a
> firewall or virus software installed.  After about 3 days of servi our
> computer began to lock up and finally we had no service at all.  I had
been
> troubleshooting with verizon tech support for about 5 days before they
could
> tell me that there was a virus on my computer.  I immediately went out and
> purchased the McAfee firewall and virus protection software.  The virus
> appears to have been removed.  I still do not have DSL service.  I am
using
> a dial-up connection.  The name of the virus was the SirCam virus.  I
found
> out that the email was being propagated outside of my computer through
your
> email to the cisco study group in which I am a member.  I apologize for
any
> inconvenience, but we had no idea what has been going on.  Verizon tech
> support had me contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] by email to try and resolve
this
> problem.  They are not accessible by phone and their response to me by
email
> has been that they have received my email and due to so many cases it may
> take a few days to follow up with an investigation.  It has been 4 days.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on who I can contact at verizon and their
> phone number?
>

> >From: "Gaz"
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: Serial (X.21) X-over cables [7:35212]
> >Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:31:39 -0500
> >
> >Joel,
> >
> >Have a look at www.kg2.com
> >Kelly Griffin used to post to the group. Not heard of him for a while.
I've