Just when I  thought I understood Loopback interfaces, I decided while
redesigning a network, that I would use them.... but now I'm questioning my
comprehension.

Somebody clear the confusion for me- Please.

This is what I'm wanting to do, but not sure if this is proper utilization,
much less whether or not it will work:

RouterHQ connecting to 3 Remote Routers (branch offices) via FR Pvt Network
RouterHQ has 2 Ethernet Interfaces, but the Remotes Do NOT....They only have
one.
(I think without pause: "No Problem, I can just create a Loopback interface
to take care of the other subnet.")

The FR Pvt Network is only for Voice Traffic, while all data traffice will
be going out another interface that is using IP UnNumbered Interface
FastEthernet0.

Here is where my quandry lays.  I can't create a Secondary address, as I
believe the IP UnNumbered command will use the primary address on the
Ethernet Interface.

So, can I create a Loopback interface, and treate it like a Ethernet
interface, as such that I can assign an IP to the Loopback interface, but it
have a /24 mask, and other devices on the local network can also be keyed
for the same subnet as the Loopback, making it where I can give the command
IP UnNumbered Lo0 to a Serial SubInterface??

I thought I could, but then got concerned when I hopped on CCO, and did a
lookup on Loopback interfaces, and read a blurb about traffic NOT destined
for the LoopBack Interface itself will be routed to 'ye old trashcan' i.e.,
Null Interface.

Somebody please tell me that I can send traffic from one end of the circuit
to the other and have it destined for a node OTHER than the Loopback
Interface with that node being on the same subnet as the Loopback interface.

Thanks.

Mark