Hope this helps.  You don't have any spids configured on either end.  It's
weird because you have multi frame est.  try putting those in.  Also instead
of dialer string put in a dialer map.  They are supposed to work the same,
but I have seen in the past where one works and the other doesn't.  I would
say the switch type is fine.  If not layer 2 would not be there.  I'm not
sure if spids are required with 5ess, but I think they are.  what version of
IOS are you running?  if you can, attach a "debug isdn q931".  That will
tell us a lot about why it is not dialing out.  if you're using ppp auth,
turn that off to see if auth is failing or debug ppp nego to find out.  That
will tell you the same thing.

Good luck,
Danny