At 05:26 PM 4/1/02, Robert  Fowler wrote:
>I wish I got paid for doing work for them. However even if I had the
>knowledge to write one of the papers they don't have, I would probably lack
>the technical writing skills. However if they want to start paying me I'd
>probably be a less obvious in my praise.
>
>I would agree that anything on their site is obtainable for free from
>anywhere else.

Although I agree with your other statements, I can't agree that the text
and figures at their site are obtainable for free from anywhere else.
Howard and many of the other authors at www.certificationzone.com have an
entirely unique way of explaining technologies. They make it fun to learn
the material and they are dedicated to making sure the material is accurate
and relevant.

Not only that, but many of the www.certification.com authors have had
unique experiences involving the development of some of the protocols
covered. As just one example, there isn't another person on the planet who
lived so intimately with the development of AppleTalk (at least I hope not!
;-) See my paper on AppleTalk at the Zone. Of course, not many people care
about AppleTalk any more, but perhaps they should. A lot of AppleTalk
themes (dynamic configuration, automated service location) are finally
coming around to the IP world too. Many of the other authors have even more
direct experience with the development and deployment of the technologies
covered in the white papers.

I do wish CertificationZone would fix the ARP paper though. An ARP packet
does not have an IP header. I bugged and bugged them about this and they
never fixed it. Hint, hint. ;-)

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com