>An April fools joke to market your website... So you win either way...

Brian,

You seem hostile about this. Could you tell me what subterfuge was
involved? From the very beginning, it was identified with Certzone.

Whether or not it was marketing -- I agree it is, and personally had
nothing to do with the decision to do so -- it was also a j*o*k*e in
the long tradition of IETF April 1 RFCs. RFC 1149, for example, is
both funny but a good tutorial in how to map IP to a specific medium.
The guy that wrote it worked, at the time, for BBN.  Is that BBN
marketing?

My corporate affiliation shows on RFCs I write, as it does for every
author. I suppose this, in some way, could be considered strategic
marketing. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I do find it inappropriate for people to launch personal or product
attacks on vendors, when they have a financial interest they do not
disclose.  I feel it equally inappropriate for non-disinterested
people to write glowing reviews of products.

Soon, I will be posting some general, vendor-independent notes on
strategies for writing scenarios. I think it's in the general
interest for these to be discussed in public, and get community input.

I may, with proper disclaimers, post reviews of products.  I will
make the offer now that if a direct competitor wanted me to review
their product, I would do so as objectively as possible--as a
professional, not as a marketdroid. My reputation is too important to
me to squander in shilling.
--
"What Problem are you trying to solve?"
***send Cisco questions to the list, so all can benefit -- not