Yea, it was Al Gore who invented TCP/IP and the internet, all by
himself.

-----Original Message-----
From: Priscilla Oppenheimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 4:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: TCP/IP and DOD [7:39657]

Vint Cerf wasn't commissioned. He was a graduate student at UCLA. BBN
set
up the infrastructure of the ARPANET and got the Interface Message
Processors (routers) and the 56-Kbps links up and running. To use the
ARPANET, universities had to write software for the devices that
connected
to the ARPANET. TCP/IP grew out of that effort.

Priscilla

At 03:47 PM 4/5/02, Rico Ortiz wrote:
>My understanding is Vint Cerf, was the creator of the TCP/IP protocols.
Not
>sure but was he not commissioned by DOD/BBN during the ARPAnet days..

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com