Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:
> For example, can't you do
> file sharing
> over the Internet? That uses NetBIOS and SMB of CIFS.
>
> (I'm a Mac person, but in theory it should work. ;-)

  A Mac person?  I thought you had good judgement?  (Please no flames, it's
a good natured joke)

You *can* indeed to file and print sharing over the internet as I caught
someone attempting to hack my PC over the net and in turn did a port scan on
his machine (in France), found port 139 open and saw they were running
Win2K, and attempted to attach to the :

\\\c$

share.  Upon doing this, I was prompted for a password, which would indicate
that all Micro$oft networking was working fine (even behind the NAT of my
DSL router).

Mike W.