Im trying to understand power redundancy in the Cisco 4006 switch. Reading
through the online information, Cisco seems to imply you must have at least
two power supplies up and running at all times. The 3rd power supply
provides redundancy. Other vendors allow you to run at least a partially
populated chassis on one power supply. If I have a 4006 with SUPII and one
48-port blade, do I really need three power supplies? Anyone have experience
with 4006s and power supplies?

Thanks!!

Jeffrey Reed
Classic Networking, Inc.