I have worked with the catalyst 4006. The 4006 will still operate
wiht only one power supply.  I have tested it under such conditions with
only one power supply,  one SUP and four 48 port modules( this is
considered a partial populated chasis ), I assume that on a fully
populated chasis at least two power supplies would be required to run
the unit.

Jorge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]