Sean brings up a good point to check the maximum clock rate of your module.
I've seen more than 1 person try to use the A/S module for 1.544Mbps....
However, the A/S module that he refers to supports a max of 115.2Kbps in
async mode and when put into sync mode supports a max of 128Kbps.  This
module you speak of (NM-4T) should support up to 8Mbps on a single interface
or up to 2Mbps on all 4 interfaces at the same time.  (just to be sure I
checked Cisco's site on that module and here's what I found:

"The 4-port synchronous (sync) serial network module (NM-4T) has four DB-60
ports and provides a data rate of 8 Mbps on port 0, 4 Mbps each on port 0
and port 2, or 2 Mbps on all four ports simultaneously. The NM-4T network
module supports only sync mode. "

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/107/hw_4t.html

So you clockrate shouldn't be a problem at 64Kbps.....  It seems that most
of any suggestions I could make have been covered here (framing, frame-relay
switching, etc).....  I guess I would just start at layer 1 and work up from
there.  i.e. make sure all cables, connectors and even serial interfaces on
the routers are good, then proceed up to layer 2 with debugs, etc....

HTH,
Mike W.