On Sep 15,  1:00pm, "Craig Columbus" wrote:
}
} I've got a major complaint with the Cisco VPN client.  It's not smart
} enough to differentiate local traffic/Internet traffic from VPN
} traffic.  Therefore, you can't browse the Internet and your VPN network at
} the same time.

     It is.  However, the server gets to decide if it will.  Doing so,
is opening yourself to a great big security hole.  Most desktops aren't
properly locked down.  If a desktop is allowed to use a VPN tunnel and
the general internet at the same time, then you are opening the
protected network to being hacked by somebody hopping through the
desktop.  Do you really want to do this?

} I've done some preliminary searches for third-party clients, but don't
want
} to waste time trying 50 clients that may not be any good.  I've found some
} for Mac OS X that'll do what I want, but I haven't found one for Win
} 9x/ME/NT/2K/XP.

     Win 2K/XP come with IPSec built-in and don't really need a
client.  Max OSX may have it built-in as well.

}-- End of excerpt from "Craig Columbus"