Thanks for the long reply.  You may very well be correct.  It's a bit
frustrating actually.  I know I'm not the only person who would like this
functionality since I've spoken with others.  Security is also a concern,
but I'm confident that the concerns could be mitigated with proper coding
and options.
I communicated with SafeNet today and they're going to let me try one of
their clients (they don't normally allow trials) after I sign the
appropriate NDA.  Supposedly it does what I want, but we'll see after
Monday's test.  The problem is that it's a pricey solution for large-scale
deployment ($150 per license in low qtys...I haven't investigated bulk
pricing yet).
If all else fails, maybe I'll dust off my copy of Visual Studio and go to
work.  Boy...that really wouldn't be pretty.  When I took CS classes, I was
always up all night before code was due, beginning to curse at 5 or
6am...COMPILE YOU PIECE OF !@#*!!!!! ;-)

Craig