Comments inline.

----- Original Message -----
From: "nrf"
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 11:52 PM
Subject: Re: Doyle on Lab Rats [7:44611]

> Keep on reading through my old post,  I was getting to the link between
> experience and your network.  The nutshell of it is that experience
> generally lets you grow a good network (both the router kind and the
people
> kind).    You don't meet too many people by hanging out at Sylvan
Prometric.
Yeah, the ratio between Cisco and everything-else examinees are 1 to 50.
The ratio between 350-001 and everything-else is about 0.1 to 100.
I know cause I work for a company that preaches exam-passing as a Gospel.
I wonder how much percentage of the exam fees they get.

> I said it before, I'll say it again.  Some experience is exceptionally
bad.
> But some experience is exceptionally good.  So when some guy says he has 5
> years experience, it might be bad experience, but it might be good
> experience.  So without any further information, it's not unreasonable to
> say that 5 years is really worth 5 years, until you investigate further to
> find out that it's actually 1, or 5, or 15, or whatever.
You hit the nail right on the head again.
There are certainly individuals who thrive on growth in their field. But
I've
seen too many who are just "doing time".