From: jeff sicuranza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 10:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: 3550-24 Question [7:46572]

I had the same queston so I opened a TAC case to get an answer. Here is
my
first response for those interested...

*** NOTES LOG 13-JUN-2002 16:26:43 PST, emailcio, Action Type: Action
***
Technology(T1): LAN Switching
Sub-Technology(T2): Cat3550
Problem Summary(T3): Upgrading Software and Working with Configuration
Files
Software Version: 12.1
Router Node/Name:
Contract: xxxxxx
Problem Description: We have just purchased a Cisco WS-C3550-24-SMI
switch.
Can I just go to the CCO Software center and download the following to
upgrade my unit from SMI to EMI?

c3550-i5q3l2-tar.121-9.EA1c.tar
c3550 EMI IOS Image and CMS Files

Is the above the download the CD-3550-EMI= product?

What is the CD-3550-EMI= and how do I optain it, if required, to upgrade
my
switch to EMI?
Thank you..

Please contact customer via email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: 516-796-9607
Urls shown to the user :
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/1216ea1/3550sc
g/swiosfs.htm
http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/sw-lan.shtml
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/1216ea1/3550sc
g/swtrbl.htm

*** EMAIL OUT 13-JUN-2002 16:57:09 PST, jerlim, Action Type: Email Out
***
Send to:
Jeff,
Hi my name is TAC GUY and I'm the engineer that is working on your case
C806967. I see you are interested in installing the EMI software on your
3550. While you can download it from CCO you may need to contact your SE
or
our Entitlement group to get approval or purchase the software. The
software
that you listed in the case notes would be the correct software to
install.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email or phone me.
Thanks,
TAC GUY

*** STATUS CHANGE 13-JUN-2002 16:57:09 PST, jerlim, Action Type: ***

I will follow-up with the SE to see what the deal is.. Unless in the
meantime does somebody want to try the file I have listed above?

Thanks...