Nope.  We don't have a service contract on this box and this doesn't
appear to be a serious issue.  I'll probably end up rebooting the switch
but I'd rather not since it has a few users now.  That might be the only
temporary fix, though.  Nothing else has worked so far.

Thanks,
John

>>> "Robert D. Cluett"  7/29/02 9:12:19 AM >>>
Have you opened a TAC case with Cisco?
""John Neiberger""  wrote in message
> I have an interesting problem that I'm not able to resolve.  On a
> particular 2980G I need to completely disable spanning tree.  After
> issuing the command 'set spantree disable all' I would expect not to
see
> any ports participating in STP.  However, look at this:
>
> SCORP0201-A> (enable) show spantree
> VLAN 1
> Spanning tree disabled
>
> Bridge ID MAC ADDR          00-08-e2-b3-8c-00
> Bridge ID Priority          32768
> Bridge Max Age 20 sec   Hello Time 2  sec   Forward Delay 15 sec
>
> Port                     Vlan Port-State    Cost      Prio Portfast
> Channel_id
> ------------------------ ---- ------------- --------- ---- --------
> ----------
>  3/1                     1    not-connected       100   32 disabled
0

>  3/2                     1    not-connected       100   32 disabled
0

>  3/3                     1    forwarding          100   32 disabled
0

>  3/4                     1    forwarding          100   32 disabled
0

>  3/5                     1    not-connected       100   32 disabled
0

>  3/6                     1    not-connected       100   32 disabled
0

>  3/7                     1    not-connected       100   32 disabled
0

>  3/8                     1    not-connected       100   32 disabled
0

>  3/9                     1    forwarding          100   32 disabled
0

>  3/10                    1    forwarding          100   32 disabled
0

>  3/11                    1    not-connected       100   32 disabled
0

>  3/12                    1    not-connected       100   32 disabled
0

>  3/13                    1    not-connected       100   32 disabled
0

>  3/14                    1    not-connected       100   32 disabled
0

> --More--
>
> Initially it says that STP on VLAN1 is disabled, but then goes on to
> show several ports in VLAN 1 that are still running spanning tree.
STP