With portfast disabled how long does it take for an interface to come on
line? Can you test to see if it is sending BPDUs out those interfaces? I'm
wondering if in fact spanning tree is disabled but "forwarding" is just how
a connected port is identified.
I'm not familiar with the 2980. Is each port explicitly an access port or a
trunk port as in the 2924XL or can a user port also have trunking
preferences like the 5500s? (set trunk auto/desireable/off/etc) On set based
switches best to turn trunking off on user interfaces.
Any way to attack the problem from the Dell side? Drivers? 3rd party NIC?