No wonder you are a bit lost. They aren't using our networking terminology
quite correctly. There's no such thing as a broadcast port and hence you
can't open it. Perhaps what they mean is that you need to get the router to
forward the IP broadcasts to UDP port 42508. Do this with an ip
helper-address on the incoming interface. Tell the router to forward the
packets to a specific address or a broadcast address, depending on your
needs. Make sure you are specific regarding which packets to forward by
using the ip forward-protocol and no ip forward-protocol commands. Otherwise
the router will forward TFTP, DNS, NTP, NetBIOS, DHCP, and TACACS and not
the packets in question. (The app does use UDP I hope? I don't this works
for TCP-based traffic.)

It doesn't sound like a very well-behaved application. I wonder why it has
to use broadcasts? But, application developers often don't know networking.
Argh. ;-)

Priscilla