Here is how I get around ICQ, AOL, MSN and Yahoo IM blocking:
>From work, I Secure Shell (SSH) back to my Linux Firewall.  On my work
desktop,
I am running X-server (X-Win32 or Xceed) and just tunnel the SSH encryption
from my Linux firewall back to the corporate desktop.  I can fire up any X
application
to my heart desire (Netscape, AIM, Yahoo) that supports on Linux platform.
I can
pretty much do whatever I want without being spied by anyone at work because
the SSH tunnel is encrypted.  I can go online shopping, chat with my friends
without
having to worry about having my conversation being recorded.  There is no
way for
you to stop me because unless you cut off Internet access on my desktop
completely.

 "Mears, Rob" wrote:Hi Cisco gods,

I have successfully blocked all chat services at the PIX firewall, I
think. As I walk around and find people using MSN or Messenger I find
that public proxy they are using and kill it too. BUT, I am having a
hell of a time with ICQ. I do have all the ports UDP and TCP blocked so
it does not work UNLESS they use port 80. This is where I am stuck, I
cant block port 80 as you know so how do I kill this monster? Has any
one had luck with this and has anyone found a way to stop the public
proxy usage? I really feel as if I am fighting a losing battle, cuss
for every block I am countered with a way around it.

My inside ACL in the pix is quite impressive and all just for blocking
this crap, if anyone would like it for theirs I will provide as it is
proven and works, with exception to ICQ.

HELP WANTED

Thanks
Rob Mears III, CCNP, MCSE, CNE, NNCDS, NNCSS, NNCPS, MCP+I, A+
Technical Mercenary
Do You Yahoo!?