So true but ICQ is using port 80, which kills me

-----Original Message-----
From: Creighton Bill-BCREIGH1 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 12:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: ICQ and blocking the thing-PIX [7:52285]

Make sure that you carefully figure out the correct side of the
connection.
ICQ server runs on port 4000, and the client chooses a random
high-numbered
port. That means you will see UDP packets FROM (inbound/source) port
4000
going to the random port. In other words, don't go looking in a port
database trying to figure what that random, high-numbered port means.
The
significant port is the source.

HTH

Bill Creighton CCNP