Hi

Ok, then the mpls passing score must have changed ;-) (817 was in March,
2002)

Actually, the IP Quality of Service book is one of the weaker ciscopress
books (I would describe it as chaotic) and doesn't cover all topics from the
blueprint. However, I managed the exam with just this book plus some cisco
webpages about NBAR (just to get the idea). On the other side, the Multicast
book is well structured and written in a 'user-friendly' style (one of the
best cisco books). You'll definitely enjoy this book.

In my opinion, the QoS book is a good start for the real world. If you want
to know more about a topic, then the cisco homepage is a good source.
Unfortunately, I don't know whether there are better books out there. A
colleague of mine, who took the QoS course described the course books as
very valuable at least for exam preparation.

hope this helps
lars