I have been reading up on how to configure ATM on Cisco equipment. In
particular I have been looking at examples of how ATM is used in a campus
network, such as to connect two buildings. The Cisco documents for the 8510
MSR for example discuss configuration using LANE clients, MPOA, Classical
IP, and bridging. The part I have been unable to figure out is, in the real
world, which of these methods would I use to create a campus area network
connecting together two or more buildings using ATM? For example, Cisco says
that Classical IP over ATM is only used for inband management of the ATM
switch router. Yet it seems to me to be the way to do this. If not, is LANE
the answer? Any help would be appreciated.