I do agree with this. ATM is a vanishing technology over LANs afer the
GigEthernet came to the world. The only reason for ATM to survive would
be using ATM over WAN.

Save your time and effort and don't get into LANE headache.

>From: "MADMAN" > >Hopefully none!!! > > ATM is mostly dead in the LAN
with the advent of 100/1000M ethernet >and 10G starting to trickle out. >
> I know someone will point out and exception but it will be the
>exception not the rule. > > Just say no!! to LANE > > Dave > >Ken Chipps
wrote: > > > > I have been reading up on how to configure ATM on Cisco
equipment. In > > particular I have been looking at examples of how ATM
is used in a campus > > network, such as to connect two buildings. The
Cisco documents for the 8510 > > MSR for example discuss configuration
using LANE clients, MPOA, Classical > > IP, and bridging. The part I have
been unable to figure out is, in the real > > world, which of these
methods would I use to create a campus area network > > connecting
together two or more buildings using ATM? For example, Cisco >says > >
that Classical IP over ATM is only used for inband management of the ATM
> > switch router. Yet it seems to me to be the way to do this. If not,
is LANE > > the answer? Any help would be appreciated. > > > > FAQ, list
archives, and subscription info:
>http://www.groupstudy.com/list/cisco.html > > Report misconduct and
Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED] > >-- >David Madland