From: "Thomas Larus"
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2002 12:22 AM
Subject: Re: Off Topic - Quietest Cisco Switch [7:53800]

I can narrow down the field by telling you that my Catalyst 2828-EN (2820
series-- modular brother of the 1900-series) is NOT quiet.  Mine makes so
much noise I avoided using it (and my Cat 5000), and used a combination of
quieter 3Com switch, 3Com hub, and crossover cables.  This was a mistake and
prevented me from getting lots and lots of practice carving out VLANs on
switches early on in my preparation.

(Both of these white elephants are for sale, if anyone is interested.)

Tom Larus, CCIE #10,014
540-368-2601