I'm looking to buy a switch for my apartment.  (Right now, the 2950T 24port
10/100/1000Base-T looks promising.)

However, the amount of noise this thing produces is a concern.  I want to
put it in my living room (Actually, it's the only room... I live in a
studio.) so I can't have this thing cranking away while I'm trying to watch
a movie, have a date over (Ya, it does happen sometimes... it's a miracle.)
or when I'm trying to go to sleep.  Does anyone know which switches are the
quietest?  I would like it to support the enhanced image.  Anyone else run
into this problem?

Thanks,
Charlie