***they're all VERY quiet when you unplug 'em! :->

-->Very very true, but what's the fun of having a killer home network unless
you put it to good use.  For example, right now, I'm hosting 2 websites and
let my friends VPN-in and download/upload interesting freeware
applications.  :)    (Stuff like SuperScan and Netstumbler... or whatever is
interesting at the time.)

-->I also have distributed.net running on all my home machines.  I guess I
could set them up to periodically update?

-->My current Linksys switch is pretty quiet.  I guess I do have a couple of
options, none of which are ideal for me... but I'll figure something out.
Thanks for input everyone.