Won't he also need to redistribute the static route on router b into
OSPF, so that the rest of the OSPF area learns the route?

Symon

-----Original Message-----
From: Priscilla Oppenheimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 25 September 2002 19:53
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Simple static route redistribution [7:54040]

evans Anthony wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick question:
>
> I have the following setup: (a)----(b)---OSPF network
>
> Router A (extreme L3 switch) is connected to router B, and router B is

> running ospf to other cisco boxes. I have setup a static route that
> points from A to B so machines can get to pc's in the ospf area. The
> static that ive configured is a /13 next-hop.
>
> Router a is not running ospf, and b only has ospf configured on the
> interfaces connected to the ospf network. Do I need to configure
> anything on router b to allow packets from router A's network into
> router B ??

Router B knows how to route packets into its OSPF domain, so that won't
be a problem, but have you considered the replies from the OSPF side
going back to Router A? You'll need a static route on Router B pointing
back the other way, and then it should all work fine.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
www.troubleshootingnetworks.com
www.priscilla.com