You went through the troubleshooting process. You defined the problem and
then gathered data. I never said go through the OSI layers as you may be
implying. I said to use Cisco's troubleshooting method as taught in CIT and
probably still at the bottom of this message. There's no mention of OSI in
their method.

One piece of data you have to gather is what tends to break in this
situation. Knowing what's likely to break is part of proactive network
management.

I would have also put a Sniffer on it and determined what was actually
breaking as part of the gathering data step. I would like to know why just
that one part of the application broke, what actually "broke", and why
changing the MTU fixed it. I can be a better troubleshooter if I know why
I'm making some change. I can get a better idea of what else the change
might affect or where else I might run into a similar problem. Why live in
the dark like a "user?"

Maybe if you didn't spend so much on your credit card, there wouldn't have
been an issue? ;-) Serisouly, why would just that part break? Isn't it weird?

Did changing the MTU fix the Outlook problem for that other guy? I haven't
seen an answer to that.

Priscilla